Top-Notch Training in Blown and Cast Film Extrusion Planned for October
Back by popular demand, TAPPI is presenting a special flexible packaging training opportunity covering the entire process from pellets through packaging. Revamped to meet today’s specific growing technological needs, theBlown and Cast Film Extrusion Coursewill be presented by a distinguished panel ofindustry expertswho will share their experience, safety concerns, troubleshooting tips, and updated equipment technologies.
The course,October 4-6, 2022at theHyatt Regency Minneapolisin downtown Minneapolis, is ideal for a variety of professionals such as:
- Extrusion Engineers, Extrusion Supervisors, and Packaging Engineers
- Extrusion Line Operators
- R & D Personnel
- Technical Service Personnel
- Technical Directors, Superintendents, and Technical Assistants
- Blown Film Converters
- Cast Film Converters
- Equipment and Resin Suppliers
- Auxiliary Equipment Suppliers
- Process Engineers
- Quality Control Personnel
- Plant Managers
- Set-up Technicians
- Purchasing Managers
This training event is an introductory-to-intermediate level course providing information on basic resin and equipment technology (extruders and dies) that have applications in both blown and cast film applications, including detailed instruction about equipment and processes.
Thecourse scheduleis jam-packed with exciting technical topics. It encompasses the changing needs of the industry likePE Plastomer Resins for Film,as there are growing applications in dispersible films (laundry detergent pods, etc.), as well as a segment onRheology and Hot Stage Microscopy.
Attendees will learn to:
- Understand properties and processing issues of various film resins
- Identify capabilities, specifications, and limitations of various film extrusion & winding equipment components
- Think of the equipment and resin requirements for differing co-extrusion applications
- Consider how to approach processing problems and gel issues during extrusion
- Recognize film surface treatment options available to converters and when to apply them
- Explain the process requirements for making cast and blown film structures
- Understand terminology, general theory, and troubleshooting techniques used in designing extrusion screws
- Address safety concerns in extrusion processes
Registertoday and save onEarly Bird Discounts. TAPPI members receive a discounted registration rates. Join or renew today atwww.fastfatblast.com/join. Bring your colleagues and save more withgroup discounts!