2021 TAPPI Selects Young Professionals of the Year
Emerging leaders represent International Paper, Jacobs, PCA and WestRock
TAPPI is pleased to announce five recipients of this year’s Young Professionals (YPs) of the Year awards. The annual honor identifies aspiring young leaders in the global forest products, pulp, paper, tissue, packaging and associated industries. Eligible nominees are age 35 or younger with less than 10 years of industry experience.
The individuals named 2021 TAPPI YPs of the Year are:
- Kyle Duffy -Engage on TAPPI Connect
Finished Products Manager, International Paper
- Kimberly Hollifield -Engage on TAPPI Connect
Manufacturing Excellence Leader – Paper, International Paper
“Building relationships with the people on the team, and helping them achieve their goals” has been a driving force in Hollifield’s career. In her current role, she improves engagement and morale on her team of newly hired engineers by giving them an opportunity to voice their suggestions on ways to improve their development within the company.
- Josiah Fonte -Engage on TAPPI Connect
Quality Supervisor, WestRock
A TAPPI member since 2017, Fonte works with lab personnel to assess testing measures and procedures. He has analyzed data for various processes and performed an extensive capabilities analysis of his facility’s paper lab testing. Fonte holds a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Bioresource Science and Engineering from the University of Washington.
- Lena Sharesky -Engage on TAPPI Connect
Packaging Sales Representative, Packaging Corporation of America (PCA)
- Avery Wilson -Engage on TAPPI Connect
Process Engineering Professional Intermediate, Jacobs
A TAPPI member since 2019, Wilson developed multiple mill-wide mass and energy balances for major pulp and paper clients that were used to help develop a long-term capital project and execution strategy for each of the mill’s locations. He holds a Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering from the University of South Carolina-Columbia and is on track to earn an MBA from the university in 2021.
Kyle Duffy,International Paper
Kimberly Hollifield,International Paper
Lena Sharesky, PCA
Avery Wilson, Jacobs
In addition to being presented the award at their Division-specific conference, the honored YPs are also provided with one full year of TAPPI membership.
About TAPPI Young Professionals Division:
The Young Professionals Division is composed of TAPPI members that are college undergraduates, recent graduates and young professionals in the industry. The division provides a wide range of products, services and educational opportunities, as well as a means for experiencing different professional areas, resources for career advancement and the chance to network with peers and industry professionals. More information can be found onthe Young Professionals website.
TAPPI is the leading association for the worldwide pulp, paper, packaging, tissue and converting industries and publisher of Paper360°, Tissue360° and TAPPI Journal. Through information exchange, events, trusted content and networking opportunities, TAPPI helps members elevate their performance by providing solutions that lead to better, faster and more cost-effective ways of doing business. It has provided management training and networking to the industry’s leaders for more than 100 years. For more information, visitTAPPI’s website.
Inside this Section
- Coating and Graphic Arts Division Past Winners
- Corrugated Packaging Past Award Winners
- Environmental Past Award Winners
- Engineering Division Past Winners
- Finishing & Converting Past Award Winners
- International Flexible Packaging and Extrusion Division Past Award Winners
- Nanotechnology Division Past Award Winners
- Nonwovens Division Past Award Winners
- Paper & Board Division Past Award Winners
- PIMA Past Award Winners
- Process Control Division Past Award Winners
- Process & Product Quality Division Past Award Winners
- Pulp Manufacture Past Award Winners
- Research and Development Past Award Winners
- Women in Industry Woman of the Year Award
- 2022 Herman L. Joachim Distinguished Service Award Winner
- 2021 Herman L. Joachim Distinguished Service Award Winner
- 2020 Herman L. Joachim Distinguished Service Award Winner
- 2019 Herman L. Joachim Distinguished Service Award
- 2018 Herman L. Joachim Distinguished Service Award
- 2017 Herman L. Joachim Distinguished Service Award
- Membership Anniversaries