2018 TAPPI PIMA Executive of the Year Winner
Chairman and CEO of International Paper Named Recipient of TAPPI/PIMA 2018 Executive of the Year Award
TAPPI is pleased to announce that Mark S. Sutton has been named winner of the esteemed TAPPI/PIMA Executive of the Year Award. Mr. Sutton is Chairman of the International Paper Board of Directors and Chief Executive Officer.
Mr. Sutton was selected by the TAPPI/PIMA Nominating Committee for his ability to make tough decisions and stay focused on core products while maintaining a safe and successful company. Additionally, the Nominating Committee was impressed by his community and industry service.
Mark Sutton became chairman of the International Paper Board of Directors on January 1, 2015, and CEO on November 1, 2014. He has been a member of the International Paper Board of Directors since June 1, 2014.
Mr. Sutton joined International Paper in 1984, and has served in a variety of manufacturing, commercial, strategic planning and management roles and has led the company’s papers and industrial packaging businesses.
He serves on the American Forest & Paper Association Board of Directors, the Business Roundtable Board of Directors, and the International Advisory Board of the Moscow School of Management – Skolkovo. Mr. Sutton was appointed Chairman of the U.S.- Russian Business Council and also serves on the Board of Directors for The Kroger Company, Memphis Tomorrow and Board of Governors for New Memphis Institute. He is also a member of The Business Council.
He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering from Louisiana State University.
The award will officially be presented April 16 at TAPPI’s annual PaperCon conference in Charlotte, NC, USA.
About the TAPPI/PIMA Executive of the Year Award:
Among the highest honors bestowed by TAPPI and PIMA, the Executive of the Year Award is presented to senior-level executives in the pulp, paper or converting industries for excellence in management and outstanding contributions to the industry as a whole.
TAPPI is the leading association for the worldwide pulp, paper, packaging, tissue and converting industries and publisher of Paper360°, Tissue360° and TAPPI Journal. Through information exchange, events, trusted content and networking opportunities, TAPPI helps members elevate their performance by providing solutions that lead to better, faster and more cost-effective ways of doing business. It has provided management training and networking to the industry’s leaders for more than 100 years.
Inside this Section
- Coating and Graphic Arts Division Past Winners
- Corrugated Packaging Past Award Winners
- Environmental Past Award Winners
- Engineering Division Past Winners
- Finishing & Converting Past Award Winners
- International Flexible Packaging and Extrusion Division Past Award Winners
- Nanotechnology Division Past Award Winners
- Nonwovens Division Past Award Winners
- Paper & Board Division Past Award Winners
- PIMA Past Award Winners
- Process Control Division Past Award Winners
- Process & Product Quality Division Past Award Winners
- Pulp Manufacture Past Award Winners
- Research and Development Past Award Winners
- Women in Industry Woman of the Year Award
- 2022 Herman L. Joachim Distinguished Service Award Winner
- 2021 Herman L. Joachim Distinguished Service Award Winner
- 2020 Herman L. Joachim Distinguished Service Award Winner
- 2019 Herman L. Joachim Distinguished Service Award
- 2018 Herman L. Joachim Distinguished Service Award
- 2017 Herman L. Joachim Distinguished Service Award
- Membership Anniversaries