2019 TAPPI Paul W. Magnabosco Outstanding Local Section Award
Richard Olsen with Chicago TAPPI Local Section ReceivesTAPPI Paul W. Magnabosco Outstanding Local Section Awardfor 2019 Achievement award recognizes remarkable leadership and service
TAPPI is pleased to announce that Richard Olsen has been named winner of the distinguishedPaul W. Magnabosco Outstanding Local Section Award. He recently retired from his position as Vice President of Western District Sales at Mitsubishi Heavy Industries.
After serving as a Lieutenant in the US Army with the Corps of Engineers, Olsen began his career in the corrugated industry with Continental Can Company. After eight years on an engineering staff and in plant management positions in the industry, he moved to the sales side of corrugated machinery. In 1987, he joined Marquip and shifted his career to selling corrugated machinery.
For the past 17 years, Olsen has enjoyed selling well over 100 Mitsubishi Heavy Industries’ EVOL Flexo Folder Gluers across the United States. Olsen has been a member of TAPPI since 1973. He has been a member of the Chicago TAPPI Local Section since 1978, was Chairman from 1985 to 1990, and remains on the Chicago Local Section board. He was one of the founders of the Southeast TAPPI Local Section for Corrugated and an active member of the Minnesota Local Section. He was National TAPPI Corrugated Local Section Advisory Committee Chairman 1993-1994 and received the TAPPI Outstanding Local Section Member Award in 1995.
Olsen’s dedication to both TAPPI and the Chicago Local Section, as well as his travels and accomplishments in plants across the country, has rewarded him with a lifetime of friendships and fond memories.
About the Paul W. Magnabosco Outstanding Local Section Member Award:
ThePaul W. Magnabosco Outstanding Local Section Member Awardrecognizes remarkable leadership and service to one or more TAPPI Local Sections. Recipients are individuals whose exceptional service has resulted in significant and measurable benefits to TAPPI Local Sections through a single activity or through longtime efforts.
TAPPI is the leading association for the worldwide pulp, paper, packaging, tissue and converting industries and publisher of Paper360°, Tissue360° and TAPPI Journal. Through information exchange, events, trusted content and networking opportunities, TAPPI helps members elevate their performance by providing solutions that lead to better, faster and more cost-effective ways of doing business. It has provided management training and networking to the industry’s leaders for more than 100 years.
Inside this Section
- Coating and Graphic Arts Division Past Winners
- Corrugated Packaging Past Award Winners
- Environmental Past Award Winners
- Engineering Division Past Winners
- Finishing & Converting Past Award Winners
- International Flexible Packaging and Extrusion Division Past Award Winners
- Nanotechnology Division Past Award Winners
- Nonwovens Division Past Award Winners
- Paper & Board Division Past Award Winners
- PIMA Past Award Winners
- Process Control Division Past Award Winners
- Process & Product Quality Division Past Award Winners
- Pulp Manufacture Past Award Winners
- Research and Development Past Award Winners
- Women in Industry Woman of the Year Award
- 2022 Herman L. Joachim Distinguished Service Award Winner
- 2021 Herman L. Joachim Distinguished Service Award Winner
- 2020 Herman L. Joachim Distinguished Service Award Winner
- 2019 Herman L. Joachim Distinguished Service Award
- 2018 Herman L. Joachim Distinguished Service Award
- 2017 Herman L. Joachim Distinguished Service Award
- Membership Anniversaries